So this is not a DIY, Recipe or How To but more of a feel good post 🙂
I listen to Pandora ALL THE TIME during the work day and recently found a station “Adele Radio” that is soothing and relaxing which is much needed during my work day. Mainly it’s just background noise but nonetheless, I noticed throughout the day I would pause at certain songs and just smile.
Music has always been for me the way to either relax, release, motivate and definitely define certain events in my life. Not all of these have a defining moment, but when I stopped to listen…I just smiled. It’s “feel good music”, so I decided to share with all of you those songs that made me smile. And if there’s a little story I’ll share that too.
- At Last – Etta James………I never really paid attention to this song till I heard it a few times and the first person I though of was my Mike 🙂 After 18 years of marriage I divorced six years back. Wasn’t sure anything or anyone would fill that void. Well ‘at last’ he did … almost three years ago now.
- I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – Elvis Presley version of course! …. Always loved this song!
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong…..again another all time favorite but it always reminded me of my boys. And then…my oldest son is in his high school Chorale…they had the opportunity to sing back up to Patti Lapone at our local State Theater. She was so impressed by them, she let them have a solo! They didn’t know they were going to do this so neither did I. This is what they sang. I heard the first note………and COMPLETELY LOST IT!! Bawling like a baby and a proud mama. It now have even more special meaning.
- The Rose – Bette Midler version. No significance, just a song that always reminded me to keep looking forward.
- Over the Rainbow – Judy Garland. LOVE IT!
- All I Ask – Adele. This one is an odd edition. Why does it make me smile? Because it reminds me that not all is meant to be and not to take things for granted.
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Diana Ross….just a feel good song 🙂
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri…ya, another Mike song
- Drift Away – Dobie Gray – just makes my head bop and sway. Probably don’t want to pull up to me at a red light if this is on…then again it maybe quite funny.
- (You Make Me Feel) Like a Natural Woman – Ok….who is old enough to remember that Murphy Brown sang this song on her last episode when she finally gave birth to her child? Ok I do and that is when I fell in love with it.
This song I’ve never heard on this Pandora station, but Phil Vassar’s “Just Another Day in Paradise” was ‘the’ first song I heard after giving birth to my first son. Go ahead, Google it. If you’re a mom regardless of when you had your children, you’ll just smile and laugh 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane!
Have a feel good, just make you smile song? Let me know below what it is and why! I love to listen to music and would love to be able to listen to music though the memories of friends!