This is a great way to get rid of veggies and a great grab and go for busy mornings!!
- Spray a muffin tin heavily with Pam.
- Cut up whatever veggies you like and add evenly into each opening.
- I have in these: spinach, broccoli, onions, mushrooms and chopped up matchstick carrots.
- Crack and mix 12 eggs in a separate bowl adding seasoning to the eggs. I used fresh ground pepper and garlic salt.
- Pour egg mixture evenly in each opening.
- Bake 350 for 15 minutes. Depending on your oven maybe a bit longer. Use a toothpick and if it comes out clean they are done.
I make these ahead on a Sunday and pop one in the microwave for 30 seconds in the morning.
Some things I learned doing it a few time?
- Make sure to season! First time they were kinda plain. First time around I didn’t use onions either. Big difference second time around using them.
- AS SOON as you take them out of the oven use a knife or spatula to take them out to cool. If you let them cool in the pan…very hard to get out.
- Be prepared to have to make more than one dozen for the week. Especially if you have boys lol. They’ll eat two at a time!!
- You could surely do this same concept with a mini muffin pan for individual appetizers! ADD BACON!!! (I have a vegetarian in my house so I don’t add).
Hope you enjoy and make sure to comment back after trying! Share your combo’s and seasoning mixes!